How to do Arlo camera setup?
Are you trying to log in to the Arlo camera? Need help with Arlo camera setup?
It lets you remotely monitor all the areas of your home. Arlo camera comes with advanced features like- wireless compatibility, weather-proof capabilities, HD recording, cloud storage, live footage, and more.
My.arlo.com and arlo.netgear.com make the Arlo camera login & Arlo camera setup process much easier.
If you don’t want to use your computer, you can download the Arlo app on your mobile device and get started with the Arlo camera setup. Arlo app is available for Android as well as iOS users. You can download the Arlo app for free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Users have faced a number of hurdles while doing Arlo setup and my Arlo login. The following steps will help you to log into an Arlo camera in a feasible way.
Steps for Arlo Camera setup
- Download the Arlo app- The Arlo app will walk you through the Arlo setup process.
- Create Arlo Account- Create an Arlo account by providing your email address and password.
- Connect Arlo to Wi-Fi- Enter the name and password for your wireless network.
- Sync to Base Station– Connect the Arlo Base station to the wireless network via LAN cable.
- Mount the Arlo Camera- Install the Arlo Camera 6 to 7 feet above the ground.
These were some easy steps for Arlo camera setup via the Arlo app. You can even go to www.my.arlo.com to complete the Arlo setup using the web browser.
Do you have more questions regarding Arlo setup? Are you having trouble with the Arlo camera setup? If yes, connect with our technicians as they will resolve your issues with the Arlo camera. Give us a call.
Arlo setup Using App
- Simply install the Arlo App on your smartphone, create a MyArlo login account, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You may encounter challenges with your camera during setup, such as Arlo camera offline error or Arlo camera login difficulty.
- However, with the simple solutions presented here, you can resolve those concerns.
- Insert the battery into the Arlo camera and go to my.arlo.com to access the camera without needing any wires.
Arlo Setup with New Router
- Install the Arlo app on your iOS or Android device.
- Settings > My Devices can be accessed by tapping or clicking.
- Choose an Arlo camera.
- Alternatively, under the Devices screen, tap or click the Settings icon for your Arlo camera.
- Tap or click Remove Device at the bottom of the Device Settings screen.
- Your device has been reset and is no longer associated with your account.
- If you need to reset your Arlo camera manually, see How do I reset my Arlo wire-free camera? or What is the procedure for resetting my Arlo Video Doorbell?
- Select your camera from the Devices screen by tapping or clicking Add New Device.
- Tap or select Connect without a SmartHub or Connect without a Base Station if Arlo detects a SmartHub or base station.
Arlo camera setup
Boost the security of your home with the arlo camera setup. Just mount the arlo camera and see what’s happening at your place in your absence through arlo app.
The best part is arlo setup is very easy and it can be done using web address my.arlo.com or through Arlo app.
Getting started with the arlo camera setup
The arlo setup starts by creating a myarlo account or signing into the existing one. Once sign into myarlo account, you can set up arlo base station and sync it with your existing wireless network. Lear how to create arlo sign in account-
Netgear Arlo login
It is necessary to create myarlo account for arlo camera login. Myarlo account helps you manage your arlo camera from any remote location. You can view what’s happening at your place with myarlo account. Arlo camera login is easy and simply with the web address www.my.arlo.com.
Arlo account setup using web address my.arlo.com
- For creating an arlo sign in account, use the default web domain i.e. my.arlo.com.
- Tap on ‘Create Account’ option.
- Provide the email id and username.
- Thus, arlo account setup is done.
Arlo camera login using my.arlo.com web address
Simply, create a myarlo account by using the arlo app on your Smartphone or using the default web address my.arlo.com on any updated web browser. Here are some steps you need to follow for arlo camera login-
- Open up an updated internet browser of your choice.
- Enter my.arlo.com web address into the URL field of the browser.
- An arlo login screen displays, click on ‘Sign in’ to log into your Arlo login account.
- Provide the email address and password for arlo login.
- Click ‘Enter’ and get signed into myarlo account.
Arlo Base station Setup
Once you’re done with the Arlo login account setup, you can start installing your base station. Here are steps that go under arlo pro 2 base station setup process-
- Attach the power cord to the arlo base station and plug in the power adapter into the electrical outlet. Switch on the power button.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect its one-end into the arlo base station and connect the other end of the cable onto the wireless router.
- The power light and internet light will get solid green.
Syncing Arlo camera with the Arlo Base station
- Place the arlo camera and arlo base station within 100 meters.
- Once you see green light on arlo base station press the sync button.
- Within two minutes, press the sync button on the arlo camera.
- Wait for the light on the arlo camera to get solid green. This means the camera is successfully synced with the arlo base station.
- If you see amber light instead of green, it indicates the syncing process is failed. Bring the camera closer to arlo base station and try the sync process again.
Arlo camera setup issues
- Check if you are using correct email id and password to get into arlo sign in account.
- Make sure that the browser is compatible with the my.arlo.com web address.
- Try clearing the cache and history of your internet browser.
- Use only the latest version of arlo app.
- Make sure that the time and date on your device are correct.
- You can restart your computer and try the arlo camera setup process again.
Do you have more questions? Get in touch with our technical experts quickly.
Because Arlo cameras rely on batteries for power, the batteries that are mounted on the cameras are critical. The cameras will not function properly if the batteries are low on power.
Follow these procedures to check the battery status of your Arlo camera:
1. By going to my.Arlo.com, you can log in to Arlo on your computer.
2. Select ‘Menu’ and then ‘Device Settings.’
3. The battery status is now visible on the ‘Device Settings’ page.
4. If your Arlo camera’s battery isn’t working properly, go to support.arlo.com for help.
It’s crucial to verify the status of the Arlo Base Station since if it’s not turned on, the Arlo cameras won’t be able to sync with it.
Here’s how to check on Arlo Base Station’s status:
- Launch a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to my.arlo.com or the Arlo app, as appropriate. After that, you must input your Arlo Pro login information
- After that, navigate to ‘Settings’ and then ‘My Devices.’
- Select your Arlo Base Station from the list, and the device settings will appear.
Press and hold the button on your camera’s battery compartment to unlock it, then pull back to open arlo.netgear.com it. Close the battery door after aligning and placing two batteries towards the rear of the camera and two batteries near the compartment hinge. Your cameras are now ready for synchronisation.
- When setting up a Netgear Arlo camera with an existing system, the camera may fail to sync with the base station. If the camera is to be noticed by the base station, it must be synced.
- If you’re having trouble syncing, try these steps to get it fixed:
- Keep the Arlo camera and the Base station in close proximity. The syncing procedure will be disturbed if both devices are kept far apart from each other.
- Now, remember to press the ‘Sync’ buttons in the correct order and for the appropriate amount of time. The ‘Sync’ button is placed on the side of the Arlo Base Station.
The Arlo Base Station has an internet LED on the front that indicates whether or not the Base Station is connected to the internet. If the internet LED on the base station is solid green, it implies the base station is connected to the internet. If the internet LED is illuminated in amber, the base station is not connected to the internet and is therefore offline.
Follow the procedures below to resolve the issue:
Make sure the Ethernet wire is connected to the Arlo Base Station’s back and your router.
- Make sure the Base Station is plugged into a power outlet.
- The power and internet LEDs will both be solid green, indicating that the base station is connected to the internet. If the colour is amber, continue with the procedures below.
- Ensure that DHCP is enabled and that the router’s DHCP client provides an IP address to the base station.
- If you are unable to connect to the internet but were previously able to do so, check the router’s firmware and security settings to ensure that no modifications have been made.
Arlo setup Doorbell
- Charge the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free battery that came with it.
- Join your 2.4 GHz WiFi network using your mobile device.
- Connect your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free to your 2.4 GHz WiFi network by scanning the QR code in the Arlo app.
- Install your doorbell in a suitable location and position.
- Install your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell without using any wires.
Since its inception, Arlo has been a living example of a technologically relevant device. Arlo’s doorbell has many of the same capabilities as Arlo’s regular security cameras. Today, though, we’ll go through the Arlo doorbell in further depth. You will learn what characteristics it has, as well as why you should install Arlo doorbell in your home.
When you buy a new Netgear Arlo, it comes with a number of pre-programmed modes that you may choose from. These modes are set up according to your present location. Simultaneously, if you wish to adjust or alter the various modes at your leisure, you can do it in a few simple steps. The procedures to tweak or create custom mode on the Arlo Pro camera will be discussed.
Arlo Setup on Computer:
To install BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC (Windows/Mac), double-click the downloaded file.
- It will launch a wizard to help you get started. Installation takes only a few minutes if you follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once it’s up and running. To start the emulator, double-
- Click on Install after finding the Arlo app in the search results.
- Arlo will be installed on your PC (Windows/Mac) in a matter of seconds.
- To use Arlo, click on it from the BlueStacks home screen when it has been successfully installed.
- First and foremost, before you begin troubleshooting the camera, make sure the following conditions are met:
- If there is any signal interference from neighboring devices, it will be noted.
- The camera is no longer within range.
- A camera with a low battery.
- Wi-Fi cameras are useful for a variety of tasks, including keeping your home safe and monitoring your pet on the balcony, but what happens if the internet goes down? Will your Wi-Fi camera continue to record video in that situation?
- When it comes to Wi-Fi cameras, convenience is key. As long as the power cord reaches the power socket, you can put them anywhere within or outside the house. From there, the Wi-Fi camera may connect to the house Wi-Fi and begin recording right away.
- If you have a Nest Cam or any other Wi-Fi-enabled camera, these cameras will become nothing more than a paperweight if the internet goes down.
Netgear Arlo setup:
- Using an Ethernet wire, connect the Arlo base station to your router.
- Connect the base station to a power source by plugging the AC adapter into a power outlet and connecting the AC adapter to the base station.
- Locate and press the On-Off button on the back of the Arlo base station.
- Within two minutes, the Power LED and the Internet LED should both become green.
- Finally, your base station is set up.
There could be a variety of reasons why you are unable to access your Arlo account at Arlo.netgear.com. Your browser’s settings could be messed up. In many circumstances, restarting the web browser will resolve the problem. If it doesn’t work, restart your computer and then connect into your Arlo account via the Arlo login page. If rebooting the computer does not solve the problem, contact Arlo support.
- The reset button is located on the back of the Arlo Base Station; push and hold it for 7-10 seconds using a pointed object.
- The front LEDs will flash amber light as you push the reset button. Arlo Base Station reboots and is returned to default settings after the Amber light stops flashing. When you reset the Base Station, it will also be removed from your Arlo account.
- After you see the green light blinking on the power and internet LEDs, do a Netgear sign in using the Arlo app or web browser.
Best Arlo Setup Method:
- Connect your base station to your router using an Ethernet connection.
- Connect the power adapter to your base station before plugging it into an outlet.
- Connect the power supply to your device and turn it on.
- Wait for the power and internet LEDs on your base to turn green before proceeding.
- You’ve now completed the installation of your base station.
Netgear Arlo recently released a new app with improved functionality and performance. You may easily download this software from the internet and use it to control your Arlo devices. If you’re still using the previous app, you won’t be able to operate or access your device via it.
Netgear Arlo Setup Instructions:
- Start the Arlo camera setup process by inserting the batteries into your camera.
- Place the camera in close proximity to your base station within 1 to 3 feet.
- Locate and press the sync button on the base station for 2-3 seconds.
- Wait for the sync status LED to become green after you release the sync button.
- Now, locate and push the sync button on your Arlo camera.
- When the sync process begins, the camera’s blue LED blinks slowly.
- After a while, the blue LED blinks rapidly, indicating that the base station and your camera are synchronising.
- The power LED on the base station starts blinking after both devices are connected.
e911 Arlo setup:
- Log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com or open the Arlo app.
- Settings > e911 can be accessed by tapping or clicking on it.
- Get Started can be tapped or clicked.
- Enter the address where you’d like emergency personnel to arrive.
- Note that each Arlo account can only have one e911 address.
- Save can be done by tapping or clicking.
- e911 is turned on.
Arlo Camera Setup:
To set up an Arlo camera, press the Sync button on the base station and connect it to the Arlo camera. For Arlo camera setup, follow the procedures listed below:
- To begin, replace the batteries in your Arlo camera.
- Then, within 3 feet of the Arlo base station, position the camera.
- Now, for 5 seconds, press the sync button on the Arlo base station.
- Wait for the Arlo base station’s light to turn green.
- The Arlo camera’s sync button must now be pressed.
- The blue LED on the top of the Arlo camera will blink fast if you look at it from the side.
Arlo Base Station Setup:
- Plug one end of the Ethernet wire into the base station and the other end into the router to set up the Arlo base station. After that, connect the power adapter to your base station and turn it on.
- In the app, tap ‘Continue.’
- The app will automatically recognise your base station after the base station has powered up.
- Select ‘Time-Zone’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now press the ‘Save’ button.
- Finally, give your base station a name.
- Outdated Firmware:
- Slow Internet Speed:
- Improper Configuration
Steps To Fix An Arlo Base Station Offline Issue:
- Inspect The Power Line
- Arlo Base Station With Power Cycle
- Check The Router’s Firmware And Settings.
- Return To The Arlo Base Station And Reset It
- To install and set up the Arlo Pro 3 camera, you must use the Arlo app. To utilize the Arlo app for Arlo pro 3 camera setup, do the following:
- You’ll need to sign up for an Arlo account. You may set up your Arlo devices with the same account you used to set up your other Arlo devices.
- The Smart Hub must then be connected to the internet and added to your account.
- Finally, you must add each Arlo Pro 3 camera to your Smart Hub and pair it with it.
Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera Setup:
- Place your Arlo camera a few feet away at first.
- In the app, tap ‘Continue.’
- Place the batteries in your Arlo pro camera now.
- For 5 seconds, hold down the base station’s ‘Sync’ button.
- Then, on the Arlo camera, press the ‘Sync’ button.
- When you press the ‘Continue’ button in the app, the devices will connect.
- The ‘Finish’ option must be selected.
- If you wish to add more Arlo cameras to the base station, click ‘Add more devices’ at the end.
The process of setting up an Arlo camera, whether it’s a Netgear Arlo Pro 2 or a Netgear Arlo Q, starts with unlocking the camera’s battery compartment, which may be done by pressing and holding the latch and drawing back to open the compartment.
Align the two batteries and set them at the camera’s rear, with the other two batteries placed near the compartment hinge. Close the battery compartment after that.
Your cameras are now ready to be synchronised.
- To begin, open the Arlo app or go to arlo.com and log in to your Arlo account.
- Second, tap or click the Plus symbol to add a device.
- Then select Arlo Q by tapping or clicking on him.
- Select the sort of connection you want.
- Connect your Arlo Q after that. Continue tapping or clicking Continue when the LED begins to flicker amber.
- Also, double-check that your router’s name (network SSID) appears under Network Name.
- Note that if the SSID does not appear automatically, it is possible that the router is not broadcasting its SSID. Tap or click Continue after entering your router’s password.
- Then, press and hold the Sync button for a few seconds (located on the bottom-right when looking at the front of the camera).
- After that, tap the continue button.
- The blue LED starts to flicker.
- Also, keep the QR code that appears on your Android device around 8 inches away from the Arlo Q camera.
- The camera emits a bell sound when it reads the code.
- Then, to confirm that the camera created a chiming sound, tap yes.
- The camera will attempt to connect to your Wi-Fi network if you select yes. The camera’s serial number and the time zone in which you live appear once the Wi-Fi network finds the camera.
- Finally, press or click Continue to complete the process.
- The setup of your Arlo system is complete. You have access to your cameras
- The Arlo Pro 4 camera setup is broken down into four basic steps, which are as follows:
- Firstly Arlo Pro 4 base station setup
- After that, make an Arlo login account.
- Set up and sync the Arlo camera now.
- Finally, update the Arlo firmware and adjust the camera’s position.
- To get started, you’ll need to install the Arlo app on your smartphone. The Arlo app makes it simple to set up the Arlo camera and keep track of what’s going on in your home. The app is available for both Android and iPhone users.
- To begin the registration procedure, open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and type your Netgear Arlo login credentials into the URL bar.
- When the page loads, click ‘New System Setup’ and then fill in the relevant fields with Arlo camera login information. Click ‘Continue’ after that.
- Select the Arlo Base station’s serial number from the drop-down option, then click ‘Continue.’
- You’ll also need to choose the correct time zone, which you can do from the drop-down box. Then press the ‘proceed’ button.
- Select the service plan that best suits your needs, and your Arlo account registration is complete. To log into your Arlo account, browse to the Arlo login page.
- Press the button and gradually pull back to open the battery compartment.
- Close the battery door after inserting the battery as described.
- Close the distance between the camera and the base station to one to three feet.
- To connect the camera to the base station, follow these steps:
- Wait for the sync status LED to turn green before proceeding.
- Press and hold the Sync button on the top of the camera for around two seconds before releasing it.
- On the base station, check the camera LED.
- The sync process is complete when the camera LED on the base station turns solid green.
- For each camera, repeat these instructions.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for around 10 seconds with a pen or straightened paperclip.
- The LEDs on the front of the base station blink amber once the base station has been reset. Your base station reboots when the amber LEDs cease flashing. When you reset the base station, it is also removed from your Arlo account.
- Tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device and log in to your Arlo app once the Power and Internet LEDs are both solid green. You can also type my.arlo.com into your browser’s address bar.
- New System Setup can be accessed by clicking or tapping New System Setup.
- Follow the directions on the screen.